Underwear Design Challenge Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Underwear Design Challenge (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older and located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Shrine Boxers (“Sponsor”), SweepstakesPros (“Contest Administrator”)and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to enter or win. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”).
- Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on September 9, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 15, 2014 (“Contest Period”).
- How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period submit an entry by the following methods (each an “Entry”):
- Visit www.shrineboxers.com (the “Website”), enter your name and email address and follow the on-screen directions to enter the Contest.
- Follow the instructions to create an original design using a template provided by the Sponsor which can be can be downloaded from the Website.
- Submit your design in one of two ways:
i. Facebook. Create a post on the Sponsor’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShrineBoxers and include the image of your original Contest design and the hashtag #MyShrineEntry
ii. Twitter. Post to Twitter and include: 1) @Shrineboxers mention; 2) the image of your original Contest design; and 3) the hashtag #MyShrineEntry.
Entries must follow the submission requirements set forth below. By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to the submission requirements set forth below and that Contest Administrator, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry from the Contest and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to the submission requirements. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS. EACH ENTRY MUST BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT, AND IF SUBSTANTIALLY SIMILAR, ONLY THE FIRST SUCH ENTRY RECEIVED WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY.
a. Submission Guidelines:
- Conditions of Submission:
- The Contest Entry submitted must be created by the entrant; modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation.
- The Contest Entry must use the template provided by the Sponsor from the Website.
- The Contest Entry cannot include photographic images or letters/numbers and must contain no more than four (3) colors on the waistband to form a pattern. One color each for the fabric and logo.
- All Entries must be in English.
b. Additional Conditions of Submission: Any Entry which Contest Administrator or Sponsor, in their sole opinion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered or displayed and the corresponding entrant will be disqualified. Entry cannot: (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (vii) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission; (viii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (ix) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting an Entry each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her Entry is the sole and original creation of the entrant or entrant owns all rights in the photo and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the Entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/trade name, or other proprietary right of any person (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) the Entry is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant; (iv) the participants depicted in the Entry have given written consent to its submission into the Contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; (v) the Entry has not been previously published; (vi) entrant owns or otherwise has rights to use all elements of the Entry; (viii) that entrant is the parent or legal guardian of all persons appearing in the Photo (other than entrant, if applicable); (ix) Entry has not won previous awards; and (x) publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Contest Parties from any claims to the contrary.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Posting of an Entry is not an indication that the Entry has won a prize or is otherwise eligible for a prize. Your Entry will be the property of Sponsor, and may be displayed, used or altered by Sponsor (or anyone Sponsor authorizes) for any purpose without any kind of payment to you. It also means that Sponsor or any of their affiliates may produce, market, sell or otherwise distribute products based on (in whole or in part) your Submission without additional compensation to you. This means you irrevocably and forever grant and assign to Sponsor all worldwide right, title, and interest in and to your Entry (and all works derived from them) as well as all intellectual property you create by participating in the Contest. This also means you waive all rights of attribution and integrity if your Entry is used by Sponsor or anyone Sponsor authorizes.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Contest Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right, in their reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry prior to any voting or judging period. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not monitor/screen Entries prior to posting them to the Website.
- Finalists Judging: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged on the basis of the following: Creativity (50%) and Boldness (50%)("Judging Criteria"). The six (6) entrants whose Entries achieve the highest scores, across all judging criteria, from among all other eligible Entries shall be deemed the Finalists. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be judged/re-judged by the judges using the same criteria. If there is a subsequent tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie.
- Grand Prize Winner Determination: The (6) six Finalists will be judged by a panel selected by Sponsor on the basis of Boldness (100%). The Entry that receives the highest rating at the conclusion of the judging will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, winner will be determined by the Entry deemed the most creative, as determined solely by the Sponsor. Winners will be determined on or about December 15, 2014.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: Twenty Five (25) Shriner Boxer shorts (ARV $500) and winning design may be produced, at Sponsor’s discretion; Five (5) Finalist Prizes: Five (5) Shriner Boxer Shorts (ARV $100).Total ARV of all prizes is $1,000. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNT/HOUSEHOLD. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Conditions: Contest Administrator’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest .All potential winners (and/or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) will each be notified by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. If releases are not received by the date stated on the notification, or if any notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not return such other releases as deemed necessary by Contest Administrator, the potential winner will be disqualified and at Contest Administrator’s discretion, an alternative potential winner may be selected. Contest Parties are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Contest Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged or incomplete Entries or other communications, non-delivered or postage due mail, failure or unavailability of electronic equipment, communications or internet connections, or other errors, failures or malfunctions of any kind. Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible Entries will be disqualified. Prizes will be awarded only to an address within the United States. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest. If, in Contest Administrator’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Administrator reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Contest Administrator, at the Contest Administrator’s sole discretion. In the event of cancellation of the Contest, Contest Administrator will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation. Contest Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the Website or acts in a disruptive or unfair manner. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, Entries will be declared made by the person's name submitted at time of entry.
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California located in the county of San Diego for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
- Releases: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release, discharge and hold harmless Contest Parties their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with this Promotion or incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or the use of any photo or Entry (b) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and their agents to use his/her name, video/photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Contest, please visit http://shrineboxers.com/pages/challenge-winners. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Shrine Boxers, San Diego, CA.
- Contest Administrator: The Contest is administered and judged by SweepstakesPros, P.O. Box 18404, San Jose, CA 95158.